Terms And Conditions
Thank you for choosing Chalema Tanzania Safaris, where we strive to ensure that each and every safari is a resounding success. Please read the following terms and conditions to understand our booking and payment, cancellation and modification, and insurance and risk policies. By confirming travel arrangements with Chalema Tanzania Safaris, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions and that you are 18 years of age or older
Booking and Payment
Travelers are encouraged to make their reservations as early as possible in order to ensure that desired accommodations can be arranged, especially during seasons in which Tanzania experiences high tourist volume. Our booking and payment policies are as follows:
- Under most circumstances, a minimum deposit in the amount of 30% of your total trip cost will be required to confirm your booking. The remaining 70% of your total trip cost must be paid 45 days before your travel commences; if this balance is not paid on a timely basis, your reservation may be canceled and your deposit forfeited
- If you are making your travel arrangements within 45 days prior to the date of your departure, 100% of your total trip cost will be required to confirm your booking.
- Chalema Tanzania Safaris reserves the right to refuse any booking.
Chalema Tanzania Safaris accepts payments via credit card (Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, and American Express) and direct wire transfers. If you choose to pay via credit card, please be advised that an additional processing fee of 3.5% will be added to each transaction. We will provide a personalized, secure link for you to make credit card payments online.
If you choose to pay via wire transfer, please be advised that such payments typically require 4-5 business days to process. Wire transfer payments may be sent to our commercial accounts at either the Bank of Baroda Tanzania, Ltd. or NMB Bank Plc. Please do not send payments to any other bank accounts; Chalema Tanzania Safaris will not be held liable for any losses incurred in this manner.
Bank Name: BANK OF BARODA TANZANIA LTD
Company Name: CHALEMA TANZANIA SAFARIS LTD
Company Address: P. O BOX 10393 ARUSHA - TANZANIA
Account Number: 96020200000781 (USD)
SWIFT Code: BARBTZTZ
TANZANBank Address: P.O. BOX 5356 DAR-ES-SALAAM,IA
Bank Name: NMB BANK PLC
Bank Address: P.O BOX 9213. OHIO STREET. DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Company Name: CHALEMA TANZANIA SAFARIS LTD
Company Address: P.O BOX 10393 ARUSHA - TANZANIA
Branch: ARUSHA BUSINESS CENTER
Account Number: 42810009509 (USD)
SWIFT Code: NMIBTZTZ
Cancellation and Modification
Should you wish to cancel your confirmed booking, you are required to notify Chalema Tanzania Safaris of your intentions in writing. The following cancellation penalties will be incurred based on the timeframe in which you have canceled your travel arrangements. Please be advised that modifications made to your itinerary within 45 days of your departure date may also incur the following penalties.
- More than 60 days prior to your departure date: 25% of your total trip cost will be forfeited.
- 60-30 days prior to your departure date: 50% of your total trip cost will be forfeited.
- 29-14 days prior to your departure date: 75% of your trip cost will be forfeited
- Less than 14 days prior to your departure date: 100% of your total trip cost will be forfeited.
In rare situations, your itinerary may experience cancellations imposed by contracted third-party suppliers (e.g., your pre-booked accommodations). In such cases, Chalema Tanzania Safaris will make every reasonable effort to secure equivalent alternative arrangements or offer a refund. You will not be penalized should this occur.
Insurance and Risk
Travelers with Chalema Tanzania Safaris are required to purchase their own travel insurance plans. Such plans must cover expenses associated with injuries, illness, death, repatriation, accidents, emergency evacuations, loss of property, and trip cancellation, interruption, and delay. Chalema Tanzania Safaris recommends purchasing comprehensive travel insurance which may also assist you to recoup any funds lost due to cancellation.
Adventure travel, including safari, trekking, and climbing activities, are associated with an inherent degree of risk. By confirming your travel arrangements with Chalema Tanzania Safaris, you acknowledge and accept these risks, and you agree not to hold Chalema Tanzania Safaris responsible for any loss or damage incurred to your person, property, or luggage. By booking your travel with Chalema Tanzania Safaris, you also agree to disclose any medical conditions or disabilities which may impact your ability to partake in your scheduled activities. Chalema Tanzania Safaris will not be held accountable for any losses arising from a “Force Majeure” event (i.e., unforeseen and unpreventable circumstances such as war, civil unrest or terrorism, an outbreak of disease or pandemic, etc.).